- Phone 999 – in an emergency to report ongoing incidents
- Phone 101 – to report non-emergency incidents, report crime or intelligence.
- 101 live chat – can be assessed from a computer, tablet or smart phone. This can be assessed at www.westyorkshire.police.uk/101LiveChat
- Electricity: In the event of a power cut call Northern Powergrid (NOT your electricity supplier) on 105
- Gas: Contact the Gas Emergency Service on 0800 111 999 if you smell gas.
- Water: Contact Yorkshire Water on 0845 124 2424 for a total loss of supply to you and neighbours.
- Phone 999 – in an emergency
- Phone 111 for advice
- Samaritans – 116 123 Whatever you’re going through, a Samaritan will face it with you. 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Free
These pharmacies in LS10 and LS11 will be open over the bank holidays as follows:
- Boots Pharmacy Crown Point Retail Park, LS10 1ET, (0113) 244 8039 Christmas Day: Closed | Boxing Day: 8am-6pm
| New Year’s Day: 10am-5pm
- Belle Isle Pharmacy 219 Middleton Road, LS10 3HU (0113) 270 9596 Christmas Day: 10:30am-12:30pm | Boxing Day: Closed | New Year’s Day: 10:30am-12:30pm
- Cottingley Pharmacy 3 Cottingley Vale, LS11 0JY (0113) 277 7577 Christmas Day: 1-3pm | Boxing Day: Closed | New Year’s Day: 11am-1pm
- Al-Shafa Pharmacy Hillside Buildings, Beeston Road, LS11 6AY (0113) 270 7722 Christmas Day: 9-11am | Boxing Day: Closed | New Year’s Day: 9-11am
- Boots Pharmacy White Rose Shopping Centre, LS11 8LL (0113) 277 6196 Christmas Day: Closed | Boxing Day: 8am-8pm | New Year’s Day: 10am-6pm
To find a full list of GP and pharmacy opening times over the bank holidays, please visit www.leedsccg.nhs.uk/health/services/christmas-and-new-year/
Each bus operator has slightly different arrangements, so do check with their websites: FirstBus or Arriva. Broadly services will run as follows:
- Christmas Eve (24 December): Bus and train services reduce after 6pm, with no buses after 8pm and few trains after 9pm.
- Christmas Day (25 December): No bus or train services
- Boxing Day (26 December): Some buses on main routes will operate between 9am-6pm. No trains will run to or from Leeds
- Friday 27 December: A Saturday service will operate on buses, normal service on trains
- Saturday 28 December: A normal Saturday service will operate on buses and trains
- Sunday 29 December: A normal Sunday service will operate on buses and trains
- Monday 30 December: A Saturday service will operate on buses, normal service on trains
- New Year’s Eve (31 December): A Saturday service will operate on buses reducing after 6pm, with no buses after 8pm. Trains will run on a normal weekday service, but reduce through the evening with very few services after 9pm.
- New Year’s Day (1 January): No bus service. Most operators will run a weekday service
- Thursday 2 January: Bus and train services return to normal.
For more information go to the West Yorkshire Metro website here.
Community Hubs including Dewsbury Road, Hunslet and St George’s Middleton will be closed on Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Years Day.
Emergency out of hours phone numbers for a range of Leeds City Council services can be found here
Full details of Christmas opening times for all Council departments can be found here
Any additional waste, recycling or reusable items can also be taken to recycling centres across Leeds, including Holme Well Road, Middleton LS10 4TQ, which are open seven days a week throughout the festive period from 8am to 4pm. They will only close on Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day.