The sun’s shining, the fab Leeds Skyride’s coming to town, Andy Murray’s hopefully going to be in the Wimbledon final…
So why not come to the The Leeds Feast (Part II) -This is a sequel to the first Leeds (Midsummer) Feast last month.
Sunday 7th July 2013, 2pm-7pm
Millennium Square, Leeds LS2
It will coincide with the excellent Skyride event , and also the Wimbledon men’s final, which will be screened at the event in Millenium Square. Good weather also forecast, so why not come along!!
This free gathering is for EVERYONE: of all ages and backgrounds, from every corner of the city and beyond.
Full info at: leedsfeast2013.eventbrite.co.uk.
Just bring yourself down – along with some or all of the following, if possible:
- Food or drinks to share. We especially recommend tea and cake!
- Cushions, rugs, picnic chairs, etc to sit on.
- Songs to sing, and musical instruments to play. (Buskers, artists, choirs, circus skills folk etc especially welcome.)
- Games and activities to enjoy with others; pictionary, table tennis and giant jenga have been offered – what else will you bring?.
- Maybe things you’re passionate about and want to discuss with others (although obviously please don’t get preachy).
- An openness to meet new folk and have a laugh.
… And owt else that you think will make for a nice time for everyone! (As long as it’s legal, mobile, and ideally participatory.) This gathering is nowt except what we all bring and make of it.
Likewise, it’s up to all of us to spread the word. Invite your neighbours, colleagues, friends and family. Organisations are invited to send invites out around their mailing lists. Facebook is handy for this kinda thing. And look for #LeedsFeast on Twitter.
Hopefully see you then: THIS SUNDAY (7th July 2013), anytime 2pm-7pm, on Millennium Square.