The Manor House, Cad Beeston Mews is for sale at auction at Elland Road on 6 December 2013 with a guide price of £175,000.
According to estate agent William H Brown part of the property is believed to be the oldest secular building in Leeds. It has been dated by dendrochronology* to about 1420. The Manor House, or Cad Beeston as it is also known, is located near the junction of Cemetery Road and Beeston Road.
The Grade II listed former Manor House, which was most recently used as offices, is currently split into two properties, comes with its own medieval hall and according to the estate agent is:
“Set in its own generous grounds in a popular area of Leeds.
“With much more to the property than can be seen externally viewing is highly recommended in order to appreciate the size, potential and character of the accommodation on offer.”
Cad Beeston was one four Halls, or large manor houses, in the area along with Beeston Hall, Cottingley Hall and Stank Hall. Stank Hall and its magnificent barn is located just off Dewsbury Road near the White Rose Centre. The Friends of Stank Hall Barn has been set up to help protect and restore the buildings.
* the scientific method of dating based on the analysis of patterns of tree rings.