Help share accurate information about Covid-19 with your community
Leeds City Council are working in partnership with Voluntary Action Leeds, Forum Central and Hamara to connect with people who are interested in being a Covid-19 Community Champion. We are looking for people who live or work in Leeds who want to support their friends, family, neighbours and community to have the information about Covid-19 and the vaccine which will help them feel supported, make informed choices and stay safe.
Working with Public Health and Leeds NHS, this opportunity will provide you with the up to date information you need to feel confident having conversations about Covid-19 and the vaccine and signposting people to support. Through this project we would also like to hear from you about your experience, and your ideas for dealing with any local issues or concerns.
We look forward to working with a range of people who can help us meet the needs of all Leeds’
You can read more about the opportunity on the flyer below.
There are a wide range of flexible activities you can get involved in:
- Access to the training you need to have effective conversations
- Regular question and answer sessions with Public Health and Leeds CCG on health messages
- Sessions with other Community Champions to share experiences and learning
- Sharing health messages with communities in different ways, such as:
- Through face to face conversations where possible
- Listening and talking with people on the phone or in online sessions
- Supporting community engagement to talk with people about testing or the vaccine
If you are passionate, can make a commitment to this project and want to make a difference to your community we want to hear from you.
Register now on Be Collective, here: bit.ly/3cdmtpN
If you have any questions, please get in touch at CommunityChampions@leeds.gov.uk