The South Leeds Life Group met yesterday and covered a whole host of issues:
The first training course has been completed and feedback, from students and tutors, was excellent. A second course, for residents of Belle Isle and Middleton will start soon. Further courses for Beeston Hill and Hunslet residents are also in the pipeline, dependent on funding.
The group are moving forward with plans to get advertisements on the website to help pay for the running of the blog. These will include “postcard in the shop window” type small adds that we hope will benefit our readers.
Members discussed forthcoming events and other issues. A number of proposed articles was suggested including:
- Progress with planning applications for an ice rink and park and ride scheme at Elland Road
- Housing PFI Update
- Stanks Hall Barn: public meeting: 28th February 2013
- Interviews with community leaders
- Middleton Park Golf Course: next steps
- Valentine fair at Elland Road
- Council meetings: implications of budget decisions, plus the next Area Committee
- Progress with combined Health & social care pilots in the area
- More work with local schools
- Arts and music coverage
Many readers will have met or talked to John Baron over the last couple of years. John will not be involved in the blog in the future due to other commitments. We’re very grateful for all John has done to develop the blog and establish it on such good foundations.
South Leeds Life is open to anyone with an interest with what’s going on in south Leeds. We’d very much welcome new contributors. If you’d like more information about how to get involved just email us at email@example.com.
The next meeting of the South Leeds Life Group will be held on Thursday 21st February 2013 at 10.00am at Belle Isle Centre (Youth Services), Enterprise Way, Middleton Road, LS10 3DZ (near Hunslet Cemetery) – all welcome!