Never mind the Council elections, the most important poll in May was to settle which is the best Fish and Chip Shop in South Leeds.
The answer, according to our readers poll, is Nichols on Dewsbury Road in Beeston. They polled 198 votes with Belle Isle Fisheries coming second with 120 votes. You can see the full results below.
Nichols’ manager Gags was delighted, but all the chippies do a great job and are going through tough times.
The poll was held to mark National Fish & Chip Day last Friday and although that’s passed, why not go out a support your local chippy tonight?
Photo: Kelsey and Gags with their certificate proclaiming Nichols the best Fish & Chip Shop in South Leeds 2022.
- Nichols Fish & Chips, Dewsbury Road 44%, 198 votes198 votes 44%198 votes - 44% of all votes
- Belle Isle Fisheries, Belle Isle Parade 27%, 120 votes120 votes 27%120 votes - 27% of all votes
- Park Fisheries, Beeston Road 11%, 50 votes50 votes 11%50 votes - 11% of all votes
- Hunslet Carr Fisheries, Balm Road 7%, 31 vote31 vote 7%31 vote - 7% of all votes
- The Old Village Fish Shop, Hopewell View 4%, 16 votes16 votes 4%16 votes - 4% of all votes
- Moby's Fish & Chips, Middleton Park Avenue 2%, 8 votes8 votes 2%8 votes - 2% of all votes
- Middleton Fisheries, Throstle Lane 2%, 7 votes7 votes 2%7 votes - 2% of all votes
- Graveleys, Elland Road 1%, 6 votes6 votes 1%6 votes - 1% of all votes
- Holbeck Fisheries, Top Moor Side 1%, 5 votes5 votes 1%5 votes - 1% of all votes
- Broom Fisheries, Broom Place 1%, 4 votes4 votes 1%4 votes - 1% of all votes
- Mister Chippy, Dewsbury Road 1%, 3 votes3 votes 1%3 votes - 1% of all votes
- KP's Fish Bar, North Lingwell Road 0%, 2 votes2 votes2 votes - 0% of all votes
- Phil's Fish Bar, Rowland Road 0%, 1 vote1 vote1 vote - 0% of all votes
- Andrea's Plaice, Church Street, Hunslet 0%, 0 votes0 votes0 votes - 0% of all votes
One Reply to “Readers’ poll: Nichols is the best chippy in South Leeds”
Well deserved too.Congratulations xxxxx
Comments are closed.