Residents in Holbeck are being consulted again on the Police and Council’s ‘managed approach’ to dealing with sex work (prostitution) in the area.
A number of drop in sessions have been organised for today and tomorrow. This is a chance for residents to give their views in person and to talk to Police and Council representatives. The sessions are being held at St Matthew’s Community Centre as follows:
- Friday 24 June 6-7pm
- Saturday 25 June 11am-12pm
- Saturday 25 June 2-3pm
In a background document the Council re-state the rules they are trying to enforce:
- No offences will be tolerated at any time within residential areas;
- No offences will be tolerated between 7am and 7pm;
- No offences will be tolerated outside businesses which are operating;
- Business premises will be respected and litter disposed of responsibly
- Drug use, trafficking, organised crime and coercion will at no time be tolerated;
- Crime, public order and anti-social behaviour will not be tolerated
- Indecency will not be tolerated at any time
Since a public meeting in February 2016 both the Council and the Police have increased the amount of resources going into the area with increased PCSO patrols and a dedicated phone line (07534 309568) to report breaches; as well as increased street cleaning.