After the Prime Minister’s announcement on new coronavirus restrictions tonight (23 March 2020) Leeds City Council will be closing and / or stopping the following with immediate effect. Further updates will be given over the coming day about any other services that might be affected:
- All council waste sites to be closed
- Garden waste collections have been suspended
- All community libraries and hubs are closed to customers (telephone access still available through 0113 222 4444)
- No litter bins will be emptied so they should not be used.
The council is reiterating the importance of following the instructions laid down by the Prime Minister in order to stop the spread of coronavirus.
People must stay at home except for:
- shopping for basic necessities,
- daily exercise,
- any medical need and
- travelling to and from essential work.
If you need to get in touch with our customer contact centre on (0113) 222 4444 please be aware that lines will be very busy and we will help you as soon as we can.
Up to date information about Coronovirus for residents and businesses is available at www.leeds.gov.uk/coronavirus
This post is based on a press release issued by Leeds City Council