Hidden away in the heart of Middleton (next door to the leisure centre), Leeds Corinthians RUFC feels it has a lot to offer it’s local community.
Although the Rugby Union season has recently finished, there’s still plenty to get involved with in this family friendly club, so they have some activities to watch out for…
- As a new initiative, the ladies rounders team meets on Thursday nights from 7pm for training/practice and there are plans afoot for some games in the not too distant future. (The gents aren’t completely forgotten about in the close season though – there’s a game of football at the same time for any who want to join in).
- The club will shortly be setting up a cycling club – the first meetup will be Thursday 25 June at 7.30pm.
- The weekend of 27 and 28 June brings “NatWest RugbyForce”, where members of the club, along with anyone else who’d like to help, will be getting together to help tidy up and refresh a number of areas (and install a beer garden) so that the club is ready to welcome visitors for the Rugby Union World Cup in September.
- Pre-season training for the senior squads recommences at 7pm on 7 July and the club would like to welcome back players old and new as they prepare for a season in Yorkshire 4.
- The club will be holding a family fun day from 12pm – 4pm on Sunday 19 July. There will be lots to do for all – more details to follow on the website. If you want to volunteer to help on the day, then get in touch.
- The season for the junior teams begins again in October, with dates for training to be confirmed, but we will be looking for players for all those teams (under 5s, under 6s, under 7s, under 8s, under 9s, under 10s, under 11s and under 15s). The club would also like to start a new under 14s side. We will also be offering fun training sessions for the “minis” (3-5 year olds).
To get involved with any of the above, or to find out more about the club, pop along, visit their website or Facebook pages, follow them on Twitter or drop them an email:
As well as the above, the club is available to hire for your functions and activities, just get in touch. If you’d like to have a look around, then the bar is open on Thursday and Friday evenings!
This post was written by Leeds Corinthians using our Create an article for South Leeds Life page.
One Reply to “Corinthians: A hidden gem for all the family”
The Bar is way over priced and having the toilets downstairs is a big no for disabled customers
Comments are closed.