The agenda for the next meeting of the Inner South Community Committee, made up of the nine Councillors for our three wards: Beeston & Holbeck, Hunslet & Riverside and Middleton Park, has been published. The meeting, which is open to the public, is taking place, at Manorfield Hall Community Centre, Newhall Road, Belle Isle, LS10 3RR on Tuesday 4 July 2022 starting at 1pm.
The meeting starts with an Open Forum, this is an opportunity for members of the public to ask questions or raise issues directly with their Councillors.
The committee is also responsible some Council functions in the area such as street cleaning and youth services; and it manages a well-being budget that funds large and small projects. Projects under consideration at this meeting include:
- Skating through Summer at Holbeck Moor – LS-TEN
- Summer Activity Programme for older adults in Beeston – Your Back Yard
- Replacement defibrillator Rowland Road
- Festive Lights for Hunslet Carr 2023 – Hunslet Carr Residents Association
- Beeston & Holbeck Christmas lights
- Cardinal Square Activity Day – Housing Leeds
- Hunslet Activity Day – Hunslet Recreation Ground, Church Street – Housing Leeds
- Waverley Garth Fencing – Housing Leeds
- The Big Bike Fix Leeds 2023 – LS-TEN
- CCTV Cameras ongoing running costs
You can read the full report pack on the Leeds City Council website here. The following items are included in the agenda:
- Appeals Against Refusal of Inspection of Documents
- Exempt Information – Possible Exclusion of the Press and Public
- Late Items
- Declaration of Interests
- Apologies for Absence
- Open Forum
- Inner South Community Committee Update Report
- Inner South Community Committee Finance Report
- Community Committee Youth Summit/Youth Activity Fund Consultation Report
- Community Committee Appointments 2023/2024
- Date and time of next meeting
While you’re here, can we ask a favour?
South Leeds Life is published by a not-for-profit social enterprise. We keep our costs as low as possible but we’ve been hit by increases in the print costs for our monthly newspaper – up 83% in the last 12 months.
Could you help support local community news by making a one off donation, or even better taking out a supporters subscription?
Donate here, or sign up for a subscription at bit.ly/SLLsubscribe