The agenda for the next meeting of the Inner South Community Committee, made up of the nine Councillors for our three wards: Beeston & Holbeck, Hunslet & Riverside and Middleton Park, has been published. The meeting, which is open to the public, is taking place, at Cottingley Community Project, 115 Cottingley Approach, LS11 0HJ on Wednesday 30 November 2022 starting at 2pm.
The meeting starts with an Open Forum, this is an opportunity for members of the public to ask questions or raise issues directly with their Councillors.
The committee is also responsible some Council functions in the area such as street cleaning and youth services; and it manages a well-being budget that funds large and small projects. Projects under consideration at this meeting include:
- Rise and Shine Youth Provision (St Luke’s CARES)
- Kick Start Bowling (Cross Flatts Park Bowling Club)
- ParkPlay at Brickield Park
- Leeds Dynamite Dance
- Switch Off and Park at the Ark (Ark Family Centre)
- Warehouse Space for Youth Groups (Slung Low)
- South Leeds Life
- Skelton Grange Nature Connection (The Conservation Volunteers)
You can read the full report pack on the Leeds City Council website here. The following items are included in the agenda:
- Appeals Against Refusal of Inspection of Documents
- Exempt Information – Possible Exclusion of the Press and Public
- Late Items
- Declaration of Interests
- Apologies for Absence
- Open Forum
- Inner South Community Committee Finance Report
- Inner South Community Committee Update Report
- LUFC Kicks presentation
- Date and time of next meeting
Whilst you’re here, can we ask a favour?
South Leeds Life is published by a not-for-profit social enterprise. We keep our costs as low as possible but we’ve been hit by increases in the print costs for our monthly newspaper – up 50% so far this year.
Could you help support local community news by making a one off donation, or even better taking out a supporters subscription?
Donate here, or sign up for a subscription at bit.ly/SLLsubscribe