The latest edition of Lloyd & Wilson’s Broadcast Bartender series, Constructing a Blind Pig*, was recorded at The Holbeck WMC in South Leeds on 29 September 2016. Five drinkers and a special guest bartender discussed the following provocations in front of a live audience:
- Is there a visible common culture within South Leeds?
- What is the picture of a post-Brexit society?
- Where are we now and where will we end up?
You can listen to the debate here:
For more information about the event and previous Broadcast Bartender sessions please click here.
Constructing a Blind Pig is part of Hidden Civil War, an exhibition and series of events programmed by The NewBridge Project in Newcastle Upon Tyne.
*The term Blind Pig is another term for unlicensed bars, much like a Speakeasy. The proprietor charges their customers an entry fee to view an attraction (such as an animal) and then serves a ‘complimentary’ alcoholic beverage, thus circumventing the law.
- Nicola Greenen –External relations director for East St. Arts
- Kenny Saunders – Chair of Hunslet Carr Residents Association
- Ruth Granger – Support Worker
- Simon Bradley – Artist and Oral Historian
- Julie Tomlin – Freelance Journalist
- Martin Dean – Council Area Leader for South East Leeds