Leeds City Council has reopened the Holmewell Road recycling centre in Middleton for essential use.
To use the site you must book a slot to visit the centre. Your car registration will be checked and if you haven’t booked a slot you will be refused entry.
You should only bring waste to a site if it cannot be stored safely at home and you cannot dispose of it in any other way.
The site will only accept items that could:
- cause you harm to store at your home
- cause a fire risk
- attract vermin
Commercial waste is being accepted at the Kirkstall site at the moment. You do not need to make a booking.
The Council has introduced the following rules to protect the public and our staff. You must:
- use the car you booked with
- be a Leeds resident
- not bring a trailer or a van (cars only)
- not bring anyone else with you (unless you have a blue badge)
- keep your car windows closed
- stay 2 metres apart from other people
- not leave your car until parked in a bay
Council staff will not be able to help you dispose of your waste. The site is open 8am-8pm, seven days a week.
To book a slot go to: leeds-hwrc.uk/forms/hwrc-slot-booking/4