Councillors are responsible for services provided by Leeds City Council – social services, education, sports, parks, planning, refuse collection and a host of other things. If you have a problem with a Council service you can ask your Councillor to help you sort it out.
Leeds has 99 Councillors – three in each of 33 wards across the city. Our part of South Leeds is covered by three wards – Beeston & Holbeck, City & Hunslet and Middleton Park. You can find out more about what Councillors do here and you can check which ward you live in here.
Beeston & Holbeck Ward includes Beeston from Cross Flatts Park up to the Co-op, Cottingley, old Holbeck. The three Councillors are:
- David Congreve 0113 277 7389 email@example.com
- Angela Gabriel 07946 632 468 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Adam Ogilvie 0113 247 4578 email@example.com
- Every Friday 4:30pm – 5:00pm St Matthew’s Community Centre
- Every Friday 5:00pm onwards Beeston Library
- Every 2nd Friday of each month 4:00pm to 4:30pm in the Community Room at Cottingley Towers
- Except Bank Holidays and during August
City & Hunslet Ward includes the city centre, Holbeck Urban Village, Beeston Hill and Hunslet. The three Councillors are:
- Patrick Davey 0113 261 0465 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mohammed Iqbal 0113 294 1049 email@example.com
- Elizabeth Nash 0113 275 8594 firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1st Saturday in each month 9:00am Hunslet Sports & Social Club, Moor Road
(Except New Year’s Eve/Day and August)
Middleton Park Ward includes Belle Isle and Middleton. The three Councillors are:
- Judith Blake 0113 395 1735 email@example.com
- Geoff Driver 0113 278 5995 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kim Groves 07891 741 832 email@example.com
- 1st Saturday of each month at 10.00am – 11.30am at St George’s Centre
All nine Councillors form the Inner South Area Committee which meets about six times a year to discuss issues about our area. These meetings are open to the public and we will try to let you know when they’re coming up and tell you about their decisions.