The Valentine’s Fair is set to return to Elland Road next week opening on Valentines Day itself, Thursday 14th February.
The fair, which is back in Leeds for a 22nd year, will include some spectacular rides as well as plenty of more traditional fairground rides, including the ever-popular Gallopers, Ghost Train and four Fun Houses. The fair also offers visitors the chance to enjoy many other attractions, such as giant prize games, food and novelty stalls and the numerous side shows that are on offer, including an indoor seating area.
The fun gets underway at 5pm on Thursday 14th of February and closes each evening at 10:30pm (10:00pm on Sundays). Once again there will be a firework display on Thursday 21st of February at 8.15pm.
Organisers are promising that all children’s rides will be operating at just one pound midweek throughout the day (1:00pm – 6:00pm) with the exception of Roller Coasters and Bungee Trampolines and 25 of the large rides will be just £1.50. Vouchers are also available to download from the Fair’s website.
This year’s chosen charities which the fair will be supporting are Martin House Hospice which cares for children and young people with progressive life limiting illnesses, and provides support to their families in a purpose built hospice in Boston Spa, Wetherby and Cash for Kids.
“We are proud to once again present the biggest selection of theme park and fun fair rides to be seen at any Valentines event in the UK and one of the largest fairs in the whole of Europe. This year the fair is better than ever and we will be once again having a fantastic firework display too. Together with spectacular new attractions such as 2Xtreme we have again for the fifth year kept prices at fantastic rates for our guests and we are looking forward to welcoming families from across the City and beyond for what is a truly spectacular half term experience.”
Opening Times for the fair are:
- Thursday 14th February 5.00pm – 10.30pm
- Friday 15th February 5.00pm – 10.30pm
- Saturday 16th February 1.00pm – 10.30pm
- Sunday 17th February 1.00pm – 10.00pm
- Monday 18th February 1.00pm – 10.30pm
- Tuesday 19th February 1.00pm – 10.30pm
- Wednesday 20th February 1.00pm – 4.30pm (Close early due to football fixture)
- Thursday 21st February 1.00pm – 10.30pm (Fireworks at 8.15pm)
- Friday 22nd February 1.00pm – 10.30pm
- Saturday 23rd February 1.00pm – 10.30pm
- Sunday 24th February 1.00pm – 10.00pm