UPDATE: Voting is now closed and the winner is … KP’s Fish Bar on North Lingwell Road, Middleton. Congratulations to the winners and thank you to everyone who voted. Full results below.
Today, Fryday 4 June 2021, is National Fish & Chip Day and we want to know which is the best plaice to get Britain’s favourite takeaway meal.
Did you know …
The tradition of frying fish in batter seems to have come to Britain with Jewish immigrants and been put together with fried potatoes in the mid nineteenth century. By the 1930s there were over 35,000 fish and shops in the UK and although that has declined there are still over 10,000. The British Government safeguarded the supply of fish and chips during the First World War and the Second World War and it was one of the few foods in the UK not subject to rationing during the wars.
Now get your skates on, it’s time to vote.
We don’t want any scraps breaking out, but do tell us why you think your local is the best chippy in the comments below.
We’ll bring you the result, for batter or worse, on Monday.
- KP’s Fish Bar, North Lingwell Road 25%, 191 vote191 vote 25%191 vote - 25% of all votes
- Nicols Fish & Chips, Dewsbury Road 20%, 156 votes156 votes 20%156 votes - 20% of all votes
- Park Fisheries, Beeston Road 16%, 121 vote121 vote 16%121 vote - 16% of all votes
- Hunslet Carr Fisheries, Balm Road 11%, 86 votes86 votes 11%86 votes - 11% of all votes
- Belle Isle Fisheries, Belle Isle Parade 9%, 68 votes68 votes 9%68 votes - 9% of all votes
- Robin Hood Fisheries* 4%, 34 votes34 votes 4%34 votes - 4% of all votes
- Old village middleton* 4%, 30 votes30 votes 4%30 votes - 4% of all votes
- Moby’s Fish & Chips, Middleton Park Avenue 2%, 15 votes15 votes 2%15 votes - 2% of all votes
- Pi's Fish and Chips, East Ardlsey.* 2%, 15 votes15 votes 2%15 votes - 2% of all votes
- Mr Chippy (formerly Garnet Fisheries), Dewsbury Road 2%, 14 votes14 votes 2%14 votes - 2% of all votes
- Holbeck Fisheries, Top Moor Side 1%, 10 votes10 votes 1%10 votes - 1% of all votes
- Broom Fisheries, Broom Place 1%, 7 votes7 votes 1%7 votes - 1% of all votes
- Graveleys, Elland Road* 1%, 5 votes5 votes 1%5 votes - 1% of all votes
- The staff are friendly and the portions massive* 1%, 4 votes4 votes 1%4 votes - 1% of all votes
- Hillycroft Fisheries, Morley* 1%, 4 votes4 votes 1%4 votes - 1% of all votes
- Miners Morley* 1%, 4 votes4 votes 1%4 votes - 1% of all votes
- Rockfords York road* 0%, 3 votes3 votes3 votes - 0% of all votes
- Peggotys, Rothwell* 0%, 2 votes2 votes2 votes - 0% of all votes
- Queen Street fisheries morley* 0%, 2 votes2 votes2 votes - 0% of all votes
- Cardigan Road headingley fisheries* 0%, 1 vote1 vote1 vote - 0% of all votes
- Lovely fresh and clean* 0%, 1 vote1 vote1 vote - 0% of all votes
- Mister Chippy, Dewsbury Road, Beeston* 0%, 1 vote1 vote1 vote - 0% of all votes
11 Replies to “The best Fish & Chip shop in South Leeds”
Excellent Fish and Chips in generous portions.
Nichols is just simply the best for taste, quality, value and customer service. They are second to none!
KP’s is the best
Great fish and chips, which are quickly delivered and hot. The staff and the delivery ladies are polite and helpful
Belle Isle Fisheries. The best in leeds
Kp fish bar
Kp fish bar is the best fish I ever had
KP’s fish bar is the best fish chips in the town
Pj’s hands down
Park Fisheries Beeston is my favourite.Great service and the finest tasting fish and chips
Comments are closed.