Very few of us have not lost a family member or a friend to cancer and so many of us have reasons to be grateful to Macmillan Nurses for their care and support, writes Andrew Gill of Middleton Railway Trust.
In special memory of Kay, the daughter of one of our working members, we are organising this special event. Your admission and train ride will benefit the Middleton Railway, all other attractions will benefit MacMillan Cancer Support.
The event will be held this coming Sunday, 20 May. The doors open 10am and the last train of the day is 4.20pm
There will be a massive “tribute board” which we want you to cover with photos and tributes to your lost and suffering loved ones. This will remain in place until Sunday 17th June 2012.
Bring a photo (max 8” x 6”), make a donation and place on the board, no photo? Don’t worry, we can provide you with other means of creating your tributes on the day.
We hope to have for you:-
- Cab Ride in a locomotive – (donation to Macmillan required)
- MacMillan Official Stand
- Face Painting – (profits to McMillan)
- Special Branch Line train ride – (additional fare to Macmillan)
- Vintage vehicles in the car park
- How many balloons can you get in a locomotive cab?? Buy one and add yours to see how many!! (Proceeds to Macmillan).
If you would like further details on what’s happening at the railway, call 0845 680 1758 (09:00 – 19:30) or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.