Following on from its blitz of Hunslet last month, the Yorkshire Evening Post descended on Belle Isle and Middleton throughout last week for a daily look at life in the community as part of its monthly ‘at home’ series.
If you missed them, here are some useful links to some of the stories they covered:
- Reporter Jonathan Brown goes behind the scenes at the new £1.6 million Tenants Hall Enterprise Centre in Middleton.
- Middleton’s Asda plans look to be finally on their way.
- A family of fundraisers in Belle Isle have launched their own charitable group following the deaths of two relatives.
- Six pupils were suspended from South Leeds Academy – for throwing snowballs.
- Go behind the scenes at South Leeds Youth Hub in Belle Isle. There’s also an interesting look at the Friends of Middleton Park group and the history of Belle Isle and Middleton.
- Go behind the scenes at Middleton’s light railway.
Here at South Leeds Life we welcome the YEP’s interest in the area and look forward to ongoing coverage of our community.