Belle Isle TMO
Now you can get a “Fee free basic bank account” that lets you receive money and pay bills, but doesn’t let you get an overdraft.
These accounts are for you if you don’t have a bank account, or don’t qualify for a standard bank account because you don’t have a credit record or have a bad credit history.
Having a fee-free basic bank account can help you qualify for a full bank account and improve your credit history. But, like all accounts, you can:
- have your wages, benefits and pension paid in
- pay in money and cheques
- take out money over the counter or from a cash machine
- pay regular bills by Direct Debit or standing order
- check account balances in the bank, at a cash machine, online or on your mobile
- use a debit card to pay for things in shops and online.
All the big banks have to offer these accounts to people who don’t normally qualify for their accounts. First you apply for a standard bank account and when they turn you down they have to offer you a fee-free basic bank account.
We can’t promote any of the banks, but all the banks in this area and in the town centre offer these accounts.
You can come in to the GATE to find out more or read the information below.
BITMOs GATE is located at Aberfield Gate, off Belle Isle Road, LS10 3QH. For more information call (0113) 378 2190 or email firstname.lastname@example.org