The Hunslet Moor Residents’ Meeting that was due to take place on Tuesday (17 March 2020) at Dewsbury Road Community Hub has been cancelled over safety precautions surrounding mass gatherings during the ongoing coronavirus outbreak.
The event was advertised as taking place as scheduled until Monday morning, when the cancellation was confirmed on its Facebook event page.
It is hoped that the meeting can be re-arranged but no specific date has been identified at present. The meeting will be advertised again once a new date has been agreed.
It comes amid reports that the UK government is set to take new measures to combat the spread of the virus.
South Leeds Life will endeavour to keep you informed about the situation locally, including cancelled events. In the meantime please follow NHS advice:
- wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds
- always wash your hands when you get home or into work
- use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- put used tissues in the bin immediately and wash your hands afterwards
- try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
Stay at home if you have coronavirus symptoms. Stay at home for 7 days if you have either:
- a high temperature – you feel hot to touch on your chest or back
- a new, continuous cough – this means you’ve started coughing repeatedly
Do not go to a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital.