The Asha Centre in Beeston is holding an Open day on Wednesday (13 August 2014).
Ever wanted to know what goes on in the Asha Centre, housed in those two ordinary looking terraced houses at 43 Stratford Street? Did you think you might not be welcome, or that you might have to make an appointment? Well now is your chance to come to our Open Day, no appointment needed. Come and see some of the stuff we do, talk to staff and enjoy the free activities on offer. The centre will be open for visitors from 10am to 3pm.
What’s going on?
- Fun and relaxation: Henna hand painting, hand massage, children’s face painting and have a go at cake decorating!
- Health: Information about healthy eating plus blood pressure and blood sugar testing.
- Volunteer Project: Information about plans for the volunteer group.
- Police: Police officers available to answer your community safety questions.
- Sale of clothes and bags – made by local women
- Courses: Find out what courses are available from September; at the Asha Centre and at the local Colleges.
- Children/childcare: Find out about the Preschool Nursery, availability of childcare help so you can attend courses and dates for next year’s Playschemes.
- Food and refreshments: Curry and rice for lunch – 1pm
For further information ring the Asha Centre on (0113) 270 4600.
Address: 43 Stratford Street, Leeds, LS11 6JG
Visit us on Facebook – Asha Neighbourhood Project