The results of yesterday’s Council elections have been declared and Labour have held all three seats in our area of Leeds: Beeston & Holbeck, City & Hunslet and Middleton Park ward. This followed the trend across the city and across the country. Leeds City Council remains under Labour control for a third year with Labour increasing its majority to 63 of the 99 seats on the council.
Meanwhile the votes in the referendum for an elected Mayor are still being counted, we will bring you that result as soon as we have it.
UPDATE: Leeds voted against changing to an elected Mayor by 107,910 to 62,440, or 63% voting against. The turnout was 31%.
Here are the results in full:
Beeston & Holbeck ward
- Cllr Angela GABRIEL Labour 2,389
- Robert Winfield Conservative 443
- Wilfred Woodhouse UKIP 349
- Ian Gibson English Democrat 298
- David Smith Green 256
- Rory Laing LibDem 113
City & Hunslet ward
- Cllr Elizabeth NASH Labour 2,402
- Matthew Wharton Conservative 473
- Jahangir Aziz LibDem 357
- Neil Seepujak Green 331
Middleton Park ward
- Paul TRUSWELL Labour 2,696
- Kevin Meeson British National Party 893
- James McFarland Conservative 412
- Sadie Fisher LibDem 191