More than 25 community heroes were recognised and rewarded at an awards ceremony at White Rose Shopping Centre.
The third annual White Rose Community Awards saw presentations to people involved in a wide range of activities that benefit others – from charitable, environmental, historical and educational projects to initiatives that support the unemployed, vulnerable women and disadvantaged children.
The award winners received a certificate and a distinctive hand-crafted bowl produced at The Glassroom at Cockburn School, from a design created by year 9 student Adam Foxton.
White Rose Shopping Centre Director James Bailey, who presented the awards with Centre Manager, Dean Stratton, said:
“The awards have grown year on year and with each ceremony we have been delighted to celebrate the caring, compassionate, courageous and community-minded spirit of people of all ages, whose actions are an inspiration to others.”
Winners from LS10 and LS11 included:
- Suzanne Grace from Friends of Stank Hall Barn
- Cllr Kim Groves
- Habib Khan, Mohammed Atique Ur-Rehman and Shanaz Gul from the Hamara Centre
- Donna Hall and Darcy Midgley from the Hunslet Club
- Jackson Turner from Involve Leeds
- Jessica Keenan from Kidz Klub Leeds
- Beverley Fearnley and Elaine Roberts from Women’s Health Matters