The agenda for the next meeting of the Inner South Community Committee, made up of the nine Councillors for our three wards: Beeston & Holbeck, Hunslet & Riverside and Middleton Park, has been published. The meeting, which is open to the public, is taking place at Woodhouse Hill Community Centre, Woodhouse Hill Road, Hunslet Carr, LS10 2EF on Wednesday 29 November 2023 starting at 1:30pm.
The meeting starts with an Open Forum, this is an opportunity for members of the public to ask questions or raise issues directly with their Councillors.
The committee is also responsible some Council functions in the area such as street cleaning and youth services; and it manages a well-being budget that funds large and small projects and the Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL) Neighbourhood Fund. Projects under consideration at this meeting include:
- Clayton Ginnel Bollards
- Bumpy (off road diversionary work) – West Yorkshire Police
- Cross Flatts Park Bowling Club
- Middleton Park Juniors FC
- Cross Flatts History Trail
- Involve Leeds Refurbishment Project
- Church Street Communal Fencing Improvements
- Flaxton Gardens Bollards
- Folly Lane Fencing
- Greenmount Court Bollards
- Raylands Way Grassed Area
- Coopers Field Sign and Lecturn
- Cardinal Court Bench
You can read the full report pack, including details of these projects, on the Leeds City Council website here. The following items are included in the agenda:
- Appeals Against Refusal of Inspection of Documents
- Exempt Information – Possible Exclusion of the Press and Public
- Late Items
- Declaration of Interests
- Apologies for Absence
- Open Forum
- Inner South Community Committee Update Report
- Best City Ambition Refresh
- Inner South Community Committee Finance Report
While you’re here, can we ask a favour?
South Leeds Life is published by a not-for-profit social enterprise. We keep our costs as low as possible but we’ve been hit by increases in the print costs for our monthly newspaper – up 83% in the last 12 months.
Could you help support local community news by making a one off donation, or even better taking out a supporters subscription?
Donate here, or sign up for a subscription at bit.ly/SLLsubscribe