What can be done to improve housing in Holbeck? Now’s your chance to have your say!
Construction & Housing Yorkshire (CHY), part of re’new, is carrying out a ‘housing market assessment’ for the Holbeck area, writes Charlotte Brown.
A new housing market assessment will identify housing need and requirements for Holbeck in the future and what likely trends may mean for housing development.
It will also identify the issues that need to be addressed if the area is to become be a high quality place to live and will look at what may be needed to achieve this.
Research gathered will look at demographic trends, housing market conditions and the health of the housing market in the area. Statistical data is gathered through the census, a housing market database called Hometrack and social housing market data from Leeds City Council.
Research will also focus on speaking with representatives of the local community, as we feel it is important to hear first hand, the views and opinions of the community from the community. Conversations will also be held with Aire Valley Homes, representatives of the Holbeck Neighbourhood Forum which has been established to support the Neighbourhood Planning process in Holbeck, estate agents, community groups and other interested parties.
Construction & Housing Yorkshire expect that this housing market assessment may be used as an ‘evidence base’ to support the Neighbourhood Plan which the Holbeck Neighbourhood Forum is currently working towards producing with the help of the wider Holbeck community.
If you would like to become involved in this piece of research please get in touch with Charlotte Brown at Construction & Housing Yorkshire, on 0113 383 3995 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Some example questions you will be asked to respond to can be seen below:
- What are the most positive things for you about living in Holbeck?
- I.e. proximity to city centre, friends and family live there, community spirit, cost of housing
- What pressures do you think affect the area at the moment?
- I.e. cost of housing, crime and anti-social behaviour, low incomes and cuts
- What type of intervention, if any, do you feel is needed to improve Holbeck?
- I.e. environmental improvements, community facilities, safety measures, improvements to housing