The Gambia Welfare Society Leeds is holding a fundraising cultural weekend with two events this weekend (23 & 24 August 2019).
Friday 23 August ASOBE display Cultural Evening
Time: 1800 – 0200 hrs
Location: 75 Roseville Road, Leeds LS8 5DT
Live band entertainment by Ebou Gaye (Gambian Artist)
Saturday 24 August 2019 – Charity Fundraising 3 course Gala Dinner
Time: 1800 – 0000 hrs.
Ticket: £15 advance or £20 at the door.
Location: Premier Banqueting, Stoney Rock Lane, Leeds LS9 7TZ
Live band entertainment by Big Sey & Karim Mbye
We’re aiming to raise funds for the association to achieve its mission to advance the socio-cultural and economic development needs of those in our community and our sister communities within Leeds, also upkeep of our community centre (Gambia House) in Holbeck, South Leeds. The two events would be used to showcase some of our cultures in The Gambia reminding ourselves and also share with the people of Leeds these cultures.
- Activities we completed 2017 – 2019
- Weekly educational programs (Moral lessons) for the youths.
- Fire Safety Brief in partnership with West Yorkshire Fire Brigade
- Road Safety Brief in partnership with Leeds City Council Road Safety Department
- Sports day for women and children
- Democratic education visit to House of Parliament in partnership with Touch Stone.
- Children Historical visit to Royal Air Force Cold War Museum in partnership with Royal Air Force
- Knife Crime education workshop to our Youths in partnership with St Giles Trust.
- First Aid Workshop in partnership with Street Doctors.
- Weekly Circuit training exercise in partnership with Leeds City Council.
- Weekly football lessons for the youths helping them achieve their aspiration.
- Weekly football project for the adult to promote healthy living.
- Monthly free finance and educational advice delivered by subject matter expert within the community.
- Cookery lessons for the youths
As a volunteer association with very limited resources we face challenges, the association relies on individual contributions and fundraising events like this to help fund our community projects. To help us achieve this, we hereby with great honour and privilege inviting everyone in Leeds to come and support our event and help raise some money!
Further information please contact: 07930 810714
This post was written by Yanks Sawo
We encourage anyone living or working in South Leeds to use this website to tell their news. You can either use the Create an article for South Leeds Life page, or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org