White Rose Shopping Centre is celebrating god’s own county ahead of Yorkshire Day this month with its Yorkshire Market this weekend (29 and 30 July 2023) showcasing a number of Yorkshire-based independents.
- Yorkshire Dales Crafts’ handmade doorstops, lavender sachets, and personalised angels
- Confetti Girls’ flowers, balloons, and gifts
- Oops, Ooks n Studs’ handmade jewellery and accessories
- Daisy Creations’ handmade knitted baby blankets, hats, headbands, bobbles, and clips
- The Light of the Moon’s crystals and fragrances to promote calm and peace
- Sweet Memories by Ann’s traditional sweet stall
- Ben and Brodie, a small independent that makes healthy home bakes for your dogs
- Dinnewell Gins’ multi-award winning, premium, small batch gins
- Stinker Stuff’s Eco soy wax candles which are both vegan and cruelty-free
- Fairburn Candles’ handmade and 100% vegan candles in vintage teacups
- Vale Scents’ homegrown, homemade, and hand-poured wax melts and candles
- Clay Bakes’ handmade pottery by Janet, made from wet clay to the finished product
- Halewood Illustrations’ locally drawn wildlife and pet portraits
- Sugar Well luxury handcrafted soap, made in Yorkshire using a palette of modern cosmetic colours
Hosted in White Rose’s Central Atrium, each of the stalls will be open from 10am–5pm on Saturday 29 July and 11am–5pm on Sunday 30 July.
Steven Foster, Centre Director at White Rose, said:
“We’re pleased to welcome back a number of local independent crafters ahead of Yorkshire Day this year.
“Our Yorkshire Markets have proved extremely popular with guests in the past, and we are proud to support these Yorkshire businesses selling an array of unique, handmade goods.”
White Rose is the perfect destination for unmissable family fun this summer, boasting more than 100 shops including Flying Tiger, The Entertainer, Build-a-Bear Workshop, and more, plus family-friendly restaurants such as Five Guys, Fridays, and Nando’s – all under one roof. With more than 5,000 free parking spaces and long opening hours, from 10am–9pm weekdays, 9am–8pm Saturdays and 11am–5pm Sundays, it’s easy to plan a day out to keep the family entertained.
For more information, visit white-rose.co.uk
This post is based on a press release issued by White Rose Shopping Centre
Photo: Stinker Stuff at White Rose. Credit: White Rose Shopping Centre
While you’re here, can we ask a favour?
South Leeds Life is published by a not-for-profit social enterprise. We keep our costs as low as possible but we’ve been hit by increases in the print costs for our monthly newspaper – up 83% in the last 12 months.
Could you help support local community news by making a one off donation, or even better taking out a supporters subscription?
Donate here, or sign up for a subscription at bit.ly/SLLsubscribe