Are you enjoying Wimbledon? Why not play yourself? There are free tennis courts available around south Leeds including Middleton Park and Cross Flatts Park. For the younger player, Leeds City Council’s Sports Development team will be running tennis camps through the school holidays including two at the John Charles centre, here are the details.
Monday – Friday 8th – 12th August and 22nd – 26th August, 10am to 3pm daily at the John Charles Centre for Sport, Middleton Grove, Leeds, LS11 5DJ
Suitable for players of any ability from 4 to 15 years old
- Fun-filled week of coaching,match-play and games
- Players of any ability welcome and all equipment will be provided
- Week-long camps for 8-15 year olds
- New for 2011 mini tennis events for 4-7 year olds
- Professional coaching team at each camp
- Affordable prices, Breeze Card discounts available
Tennis camps are also held at parks and leisure centre venues across Leeds
The five day camps cost £50, or £44 for Breeze Card holders, or £30.50 for LeedsCard Extra holders.
Indoor mini tennis sessions are open to children aged between 4 and 7 years old. Sessions cost £2.50 per hour, all equipment will be provided, no need to book, simply turn up.
Early booking recommended – to book complete the entry form and return to the John Charles centre. Tennis App form 2011-1
For further information on opportunities to play tennis in Leeds – including adult provision – please visit www.leeds.gov.uk/tennis.