The weather is warm, the bees are buzzing and the cherries are ripening. Summer has well and truly arrived at Skelton Grange!
Come join us this Friday (24 July 2015) between 10am–3pm for our Summer Festival; a day of fun, activities and crafts.
- Giant Bubbles
- Wildflower seed collecting: learn about the wildflowers we have on site and collect some seeds to take home)
- Make wildflower Seed-bombs: bundles of compost, clay and seeds for easy spreading of wildflower seeds
- Small Mammal Walk/Talk: In the Morning, where will be checking our small mammal traps to see what lives at Skelton Grange
- Wild-Food Foraging Walk: Craig Worral from ‘Edible Leeds’ will be coming in the afternoon to show you all the exciting edible things that grow at Skelton Grange
- Whittle your our Woodland Pencil
- Various crafts, nature art and fun
As well as activities there will be campfire curry and lemonade to keep everybody going!
We’ve got our fingers and toes crossed for good weather, but we’ll be there whatever the weather. So come join us, rain or shine.
Hosted by Skelton Grange with funding from Grow Wild UK (Big Lottery Fund).
Facebook Event Page: https://www.facebook.com/events/110997605909754/
Skelton Grange is an Environment Centre in South Leeds with a focus on children’s education and practical conservation. If you want to know more about Skelton Grange, join in with other events, or find out how else you can support our volunteers visit www.tcv.org.uk/skeltongrange, or call (0113) 243 0815.
This post was written by Louise Gibson using our Create an article for South Leeds Life page.