Five manufacturers in Leeds, including two in South Leeds, are opening their doors to aspiring and professional photographers as part of a national £5,000 competition organised by trade body EEF.
The companies are among a number across the country welcoming local photographers as part of the EEF competition to capture the dynamism, talent and technology driving British industry.
The host Leeds-based businesses are:
- Northern Flags (Beeston) a wide format printing business
- Sovereign Air Movement (Hunslet) designers and manufacturers of advanced air handling equipment
- Brandon Medical, a high tech manufacturer of medical devices, including operating light systems, audio visual imaging equipment and touch screen surgeon control panels
- Daletech Electronics, a high quality, low volume electronic manufacturing and product design company
- Hopkins Catering Equipment, an innovative manufacturer serving the food service sector, including converting vintage horse boxes into mobile catering trailers
“This competition shines a light on forward-looking and innovative companies,” said Richard Halstead – Membership Engagement Director, North, EEF. “We are delighted that these businesses are opening their doors to local photographers, who can tell the story of UK manufacturing success by capturing images of technology, people and innovation in industry”
The competition is free to enter and open to young, amateur and professional photographers alike, and there are four categories: Next Generation, Future Technology, Manufacturing Process and Manufacturing Product.
Photographers wishing to visit EEF host companies must first contact Caroline O’Neill at EEF (email@example.com). Photographers may make separate arrangements with other manufacturers if they prefer and employees should liaise with their employers for permission.
Entries will be shortlisted by a panel of photography and industry experts, with winners announced at an awards event in London in November. Winning photographers will share a £5,000 prize fund.
The competition closes on Sunday 30 September 2018 – for more information visit www.eef.org.uk/photo.