Slung Low, Holbeck’s own theatre company, invite you to join them in their new performance space, The Concert Room at The Holbeck on Saturday (2 March 2019).
To mark their arrival at The Holbeck they have gathered some of their most talented friends to create an evening showbiz splendour.
Poets, a magician, musicians, comedians and a fire eater: starting at 7pm and going long into the night. With a supper served in the interval. What more could you ask for?
Featuring an exciting line up of live acts including…
- Live music from Jamie Fletcher and her band, featuring drag queen Divina de Campo.
- “Fearsomely able improvisers” School of Night, who have been stunning and bewildering audiences all over the world with their high-wire improvised verse adventures.
- Writer and performance poet Kirsty Taylor tells stories and performs poetry inspired by her beloved city of Bradford.
- Nick Ahad – Stand up ”Perfectly judged set, scary, but very clever.”
- “Be puzzled and amazed by Michael Wolf, a magician extrordinaire”
- Léonie Higgins from Eggs Collective, playing some cello and singing some songs.
- ‘Red Sarah, Mother of Dragons and headmistress of the fire school, with over 20 years experience of fire performance worldwide.
The Holbeck is Slung Low’s new home at Jenkinson Lawn in Holbeck, LS11 9QX
The performance is “Pay What You Decide” – you decide how much to pay after your have seen the performance. But you do need to book (there’s no cost) Click here to book tickets
Please note that the venue is cash only.
This post is based on a press release issued by Slung Low