Make the most of your local park! A host of activities from lantern walks to circus skills, winter walks and litter picks have been organised by the Friends of Middleton Park group for October.
The events include:
- 13-October-2012 (Sat) – Lantern Walk – 7 p.m. Make fabulous but easily made lanterns, ready for Bonfire Night and Hallowe’en. Followed by a “spooky” walk around Middleton Woods. £5 charge for materials. Meet at the Visitor Centre in the park. Contact Steve Joul on 07891 270 855 for more details. Organised by Leeds Countryside Rangers.
- 14-October-2012 (Sun) – Winter Walk – 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. Come and join the Friends of Middleton Park as we go on a brisk winter walk taking in the sights (and sounds) of the park in winter. Followed by hot soup and refreshments in the Visitor Centre at approx 3.30pm.
- 28-October-2012 (Sun) – Litter Pick with the Friends – 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. Join us as we undertake a litter pick around the park – help us keep our lovely park spic and span. Refreshments provided afterwards.
- 30-October-2012 (Tue) – Circus Skills with Professor Fiddlesticks – 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. Excellent half term fun for kids of all ages! Come along to this Circus Workshop, learn and practice your diabolical diablo, fantastic flower sticks tricks and balancing bonanza and be rewarded with a balloon animal.
- 31-October-2012 (Wed) – Children’s Play Special Activities – 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. Arts and Crafts, and Outdoor Activities if weather permits. Activites organised by Leeds Play Network.
We suggest you check with the organisers to ensure the events are on before you set off.
The Friends’ facebook page also features some of the latest photos of the improvement work going on at the park.