Get into Painting & Decorating
The Prince’s Trust is now recruiting for its Get into Painting & Decorating programme run in partnership with Leeds College of Building, in Leeds.
Get into Painting & Decorating aims to give young people a mixture of practical training and qualifications, that will allow them to move into employment, education or training. The 2 week programme is available to 16 – 25 year olds, living in the Leeds area and not in employment, education or training. Over the two-week programme, young people will have the opportunity to:
- gain a Level 1 qualification in Developing Skills in Painting & Decorating and take part in practical workshops
- meet professionals currently working within the industry and work with professional staff
- meet new people and build their confidence
- increase their employability skills and have the opportunity to progress with the college onto a Level 1 Diploma programme
- be supported for up to 6 months after the course, helping them get to where they want to be
- we will provide them with everything that they need on the course and cover lunch and travel expenses
- Taster Day: Tuesday 11th March 2014 at Leeds College of Building, North Street, Leeds, LS2 7QT
- Programme Dates: Monday 17th March to Friday 28th March 2013 at Leeds College of Building
For more information contact Kumran Husain on 07506 692165, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Starbucks is recruiting for Barista Mastery and Customer Service apprenticeships. Being a Barista Apprentice means doing a real job and getting paid, while learning new skills and gaining qualifications.
- The apprenticeship takes 12 months with a guaranteed job at the end
- Learning will mainly be instore, with some webinar sessions
- Your career doesn’t have to stop with the Barista Apprenticeship, you can progress to the supervisor role and higher apprenticeships
For more information contact: Chrissy Heaton (0113) 245 5087, email: S12799@retail.starbucks.com
The Leeds Apprenticeship Hub has just launched this short film to promote apprenticeships, which are kick-starting thousands of careers in Leeds in everything from accountancy to youth work, engineering and digital media.
Thousands of young people have recognised that appreniceships offer a real route into careers for people of all academic abilities and career aspirations.
Go to the www.leedspathways.org.uk/work page where you will find a single form to fill in which the Leeds Apprenticeship Hub uses to find all the options available to you – not just available apprenticeships but help developing the skills to apply for and get them.
Leeds City Council
Leeds City Council have upgraded their website to help you find jobs and training opportunities.
For Apprenticeships and job vacancies in Leeds go to www.leeds.gov/residents/Pages/Jobs.aspx
For advice and support on moving into work from the Jobshops go to: www.leeds.gov.uk/residents/Pages/jobshops.aspx
For courses, programmes and other learning opportunities for over 19s go to: www.leeds.gov.uk/residents/Pages/Learning-Opportunities.aspx
The Pathways website available to schools and young people now includes information on the Apprenticeship Hub and enables young people to register their interest to be matched to vacancies notified to the Hub and the Apprenticeship Training Agency. Go to www.leedspathways.org.uk/work, or the Facebook page for the Apprenticeship Hub: www.facebook.com/LeedsAppHub