With Christmas looming many households will be concerned about the costs and how they will manage to pay for everything this year. Help is at hand to stop Santa bringing debt this Christmas as Dewsbury Road Community Hub are staging an information drop in session on Tuesday afternoon (22 October 2019) 2-5pm.
A range of organisations will be on hand offering valuable information and advice to help you manage your spending including:
- Money Buddies – support with money management and debt
- Christians against Poverty – advice on benefitis and debt
- Trading standards – information and advice on scams and frauds
- Uswitch – help to change energy providers
- Linking Leeds – social prescribing
- Touchstone – Mental Health support
- Gamcare – Gambling addiction/debt support
- PATH Yorkshire – Employment support
There will also be face painting for kids and the chance to meet Santa and Sid the Shark (a Money Buddies character) as well as the opportunity for adults to have a go and get creative ideas around making their own craft gifts using recycled materials found around the home.
A ‘taste test’ will give you the chance to compare food products such as mince pies from different retail outlets in the local area. You might be surprised to discover that the most expensive isn’t always the tastiest!