Dial 101 – the new non-emergency number for the Police

The police have introduced a new non-emergency phone number – 101.

This replaces the 0845 6060606 and should be used to report crimes or for general enquiries.

If you are deaf, hard of hearing or your speech is impaired you can textphone 18001 101.

Remember for emergencies always use 999.

Further details are over on the West Yorkshire Police site here.