The day will involve vintage buses running on two routes, as follows:
- Route 26 – Middleton Railway to Kirkstall Abbey, via Leeds New York Street.
- Route 46 – Leeds Industrial Museum, Armley to Thwaite Mills, Stourton, via Leeds New York Street.
- Route 36 – Leeds New York Street (F5) to the Royal Armouries.
- Route 66 – Leeds New York Street (F4) to Morley Town Hall (ex Black Prince Buses route).
- Route 96 – Leeds New York Street (F5) – Middleton Railway – Thwaite Mills (circular)
- There will also be special tours departing from Thwaites Water Mill to Temple Newsam on a preserved Wallace Arnold coach.
The buses will run between 10.30 and 17.15, and will depart from bus stops F4, F5 and F7 in New York Street, adjacent to Leeds Central Bus Station. For further details, click here.
All the participating museums and venues will be open all day to receive visitors, and all sites will allow free park-and-ride facilities for visitors.
The event is organised by Pennine Bus Rallies. All the services are free, and will be operated by a variety of vintage and classic buses. There will, however, be a 12-page A5 souvenir timetable that will be available to purchase on the day, and volunteers will be encouraging visitors to purchase one. This is not obligatory, but the funds raised will help towards the high cost of staging the event.