Chip pan fire at Meynell Heights

A chip pan fire on the 9th floor of Meynell Heights in Holbeck was extinguished by firefighters in the early hours of this morning (22 July 2018) and one male occupant was taken to hospital for a precautionary check up after suffering smoke inhalation.

The fire service were called at about 3:30am this morning and fire engines from Hunslet, Kirkstall Road and Stanningley attended as well as aerial units from Leeds and Wakefield.

The fire did not spread to any other flats in the block. Householders are reminded to always check that the heat has been turned off after using a chip pan.

 

 

Advert:

Related: :

Posted in: Holbeck

About the Author:

I've lived in Beeston in South Leeds since 1984 and I love the area. I am involved in various community activities including Beeston Festival. I have been involved with the South Leeds Life Group since it started in 2010.

Post a Comment