I’m secretary for Beeston in Bloom, writes Linda Stanley and I’d like to tell you about the work of our group. You may have seen our logo around Beeston:
But there’s so much more to us than planters and hanging baskets. For example, did you know that:
- We rely on grants and sponsorship to fund our projects;
- We are all volunteers and have an elected committee;
- We meet every month and hold regular working parties;
- When we aren’t gardening we are holding plant sales, helping with litter picking and helping to improve the environment;
- Every year we enter the Yorkshire in Bloom competition and were awarded a Silver Gilt medal in 2013.
We were recently invited to become a ‘Friend of South Leeds Life’. After discussion at our November meeting we voted unanimously in favour of joining as it was agreed that it was a fantastic opportunity to reach a wide audience and let them know what we were up to.
We are always looking for new people to join us. Don’t be put off if you don’t know a lot about gardening as we are happy to share the knowledge we have. You may not be able to attend on a regular basis but any help (especially leading up to judging days would be appreciated).
And you may be able to help in other ways:
- helping with our fund raising efforts;
- raising our profile through social media;
- or you may just be ‘man with van’ who could drive us and plants around Beeston.
Watch out for regular updates on South Leeds Life and if you want to find out more you can contact me by email – email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you.
You’ll find a list of current Friends at the top of the page – want more information? Please contact South Leeds Life’s Secretary, Steve Williamson at mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org or ring him on 0753 54 44993.