The lists of candidates for the local elections has been published by Leeds City Council. The elections will be held on Thursday 3rd May.
South Leeds Life is not affiliated to any political party, but we urge all our readers to vote, the polling stations will be open from 7:00am to 10:00pm. If your aren’t registered, you have until 5:00pm on Wednesday 18th April, more information is available here. To find out more about our current Councillors click here.
There will also be a referendum on the same day about whether Leeds should have an elected Lord Mayor. We’ll try and cover that in another post.
Here are the candidates for our three wards:
Beeston & Holbeck ward:
- Angela GABRIEL Labour Party
- Ian GIBSON English Democrats
- Rory LAING Liberal Democrats
- David SMITH Green Party
- Robert WINFIELD Conservative Party
- Wilfred WOODHOUSE UK Independence Party
City & Hunslet ward
- Jahangir AZIZ Liberal Democrats
- Elizabeth NASH Labour Party
- Neil SEEPUJAK Green Party
- Matthew WHARTON Conservative Party
Middleton Park ward
- Sadie FISHER Liberal Democrats
- James McFARLAND Conservative Party
- Kevin MEESON British National Party
- Paul TRUSWELL Labour Party