Sophie Dawson visited Middleton Elderly Aid Social Centre today (19 April 2023) to speak to their members about the Leeds Directory and how it can be used to access information and signposting advice for a variety of organisations and services that can support people in Leeds.
“When speaking to people at the centre, they informed me of issues they’ve had in the past with tradespeople and how this had affected them when trying to find trustworthy businesses that will do a good job for them. I explained about the ‘Green Tick’ check we do on all services that are provided in the home, garden or one to one in the community and about our customer ratings and reviews that can help people assess which tradespeople to trust and invite into their homes.
“It was great to speak to people at Middleton Elderly Aid and see the centre full of life! We have recently updated our activities calendar with Middleton Elderly Aid’s new timetable which includes regular groups and day trip opportunities (such as a trip to Bury Market which was popular with their members).”
Leeds Directory provides information on services that can support you to live well in Leeds. You can find information on vetted and checked trade services, community care, support services and activities and events that are local to you.
Visit the website at www.leedsdirectory.org to find information or speak to the Leeds Directory team on (0113) 378 4610 or email us on email@example.com, weekdays 9am-5pm.
Information listed includes:
- Information and advice organisations (e.g. Health, Debt, Employment)
- Vetted and checked tradespeople for maintaining your home and garden (e.g. Plumbers, Electricians, Gardening)
- Community facilities (e.g. Allotments, Libraries, Transport)
- Housing options (e.g. Sheltered housing, Homelessness, Care Homes)
- Staying independent (e.g. Domestic support, Telecare, Meal delivery)
- Keeping active and well (e.g. Fitness, Health services, Rehabilitation)
- Groups and activities (e.g. Coffee mornings, Arts and crafts, Support groups)
- Twitter: www.facebook.com/LeedsDirectoryLCC
- Facebook: twitter.com/LeedsDirectory
- Website: www.leedsdirectory.org
- Telephone: (0113) 378 4610
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Whilst you’re here, can we ask a favour?
South Leeds Life is published by a not-for-profit social enterprise. We keep our costs as low as possible but we’ve been hit by increases in the print costs for our monthly newspaper – up 83% in the last 12 months.
Could you help support local community news by making a one off donation, or even better taking out a supporters subscription?
Donate here, or sign up for a subscription at bit.ly/SLLsubscribe
Thank you for your support