Come down to the Hunslet Community Gala this weekend for the 10th Anniversary Event on Saturday 29th June from 11:30am to 4:00pm.
The annual gala, organised by Hunslet Festival, takes place on the field adjacent to Grove Road (opposite the Penny Hill Centre) off Church Street.
In the Family Arena this year:
- Hunslet Club Sports & Dance Showcase
- Whinthorpe Whirlers Majorettes
- Martial Arts with Suzaku
- Zumba with Keep Fit Julie
- Cheerleading by Hunslet Childrens Centre
- Keldon School of Dance
- RTC Rescue by West Yorkshire Classics Fire Rescue
- ICON Dance Academy
In the Activities Zone this year there are a variety of rides including:
- a Bungee Trampoline and a Climbing Tower
- The largest Inflatable Slide in Europe called “The Titanic”
- along with a small bouncy castle and rides for small children,
- There will also be a classic Fire Engine.
- Also Visit the Donkeys from The Donkey Assisted Therapy Centre
The Workshop Zone will be providing the opportunity for people to try out taster sessions in circus skills with the Rapide Brothers, handle various wildlife with Morley Exotic Animal Rescue and watch Punch & Judy with Professor Robianti.
Ronnie the Rhino will also be making an appearance during the afternoon.
All this is in addition to catering concessions and the usual stalls of local community groups and organisations.
The Lord Mayor of Leeds Cllr Tom Murray will be performing the opening Ceremony at 11.30am with Hilary Benn MP.
See our website for more details www.hunsletfestival.org.uk or email us at email@example.com. Please note that all stall spaces are now fully booked.
Hunslet Festival is supported by Community First, Leeds City Council & The Bayford Foundation.
This article was written by Jonathan Chapman using our Community Reporters website